Panthercard Activation & Termination Procedure
The PantherCard is the official ID card for Georgia State University and is administered by Campus Services Information Systems using the Blackboard Transact system. The PantherCard is a machine-readable photo ID available to all Georgia State University faculty, staff, retirees, students and approved affiliates. The PantherCard provides access to various University services to the campus community, including:
- building access based on police enforced security protocols
- declining balance accounts accessible at vending, dining and other venues around campus
- conditional building access and identification for those persons needing affiliation and/or conditional University access
- photo identification, demographic information and current association with the University
- biometric authentication for access to certain University locations such as the University Library, dining facilities and secure areas.
The demographic information resides within the PantherCard system and is electronically transferred at regular intervals from the university’s Person Registry. Person Registry information originates in the University payroll system for faculty and staff and in the Banner-student information system for students. Card holders should keep their PantherCard with them for ID while on the campuses of Georgia State University.
Procedure/Process for Activation and Termination of PantherCards:
Panther Card privileges remain in place for an individual while in good standing with the University and are deactivated based on the protocol in this section. Programming for the protocol is in the University Person Registry system and is transmitted to the Panther Card system on a regular basis. (Exceptions to the process may be requested for Emergency situations due to unexpected terminations or student misconduct. Please contact the PantherCard office directly for these situations.)
College Administrative Officers and HRAC representatives will have the Affiliate option to request extensions for users from the webform https://webservices.gsu.edu/accounts. Additional users may request access to the webform by opening a help ticket at email@example.com. IT will verify departmental approval after which access to the webform may be granted.
- Access will automatically expire 12 months from last registration date (approximately 6 months from the end of the student’s last class).
- If extended access is required, student should contact their Department Chair to request an affiliate card by using the webform https://webservices.gsu.edu/accounts .
- Access will automatically expire 2 business days after date of termination.
- If extended access is required, an affiliate card may be requested by the Department head using the webform https://webservices.gsu.edu/accounts .
- Part Time Instructor
- Temporary PTI – Access will automatically expire 2 business days after date of termination as indicated in the University Payroll system.
- Regular PTI – Access will automatically expire 2 business days after date of termination. If no termination date is provided; termination will automatically occur after 1 year of inactivity.
- Adjuncts- Access will automatically expire 2 business days after date of termination. If no termination date is provided; termination will automatically occur 1 year after hire date.. An extension can be requested using the webform if needed by Human Resources or the hiring department.
- Visiting Lecturer- Access will automatically expire 2 business days after their termination date.
- 9 month and 12-month faculty – Access will automatically expire 2 business days after their termination date
Staff retiree’s access will automatically expire 2 business days after their effective date on their retirement personal action form entered the Payroll system. A department head may request an extension for access with a termination date not to exceed 1 year. Faculty retiree will remain active on the PantherCard system for 5 years after retirement.
A retiree who is rehired into employment will require a new PantherCard with appropriate access for their position. A new hiring record will electronically pass from OneUSG to the PantherCard system via the Person Registry. The rehired retiree may pick up a new PantherCard in the Card office.
Faculty who retire as an Emeritus will remain active.