The PantherCard is available to all Georgia State University students, faculty, staff, and affiliates. Georgia State University makes available a machine-readable photo identification card (“Identification Card” or “ID Card”) for Georgia State University students, faculty, staff and other classes of individuals with a close association to the University. The primary purpose of the Identification Card is to identify and document these relationships. Therefore, an easy to identify photo of the individual is required in order to process and receive a PantherCard. To get a PantherCard, registered students should bring a valid issued photo government ID to the any of the PantherCard offices. Faculty and staff PantherCards may be obtained approximately 2 business days after all Human Resources paperwork has been processed. The PantherCard is the property of Georgia State University. It should be carried at all times and presented, upon demand, for identification.
Treat your PantherCard as you would any bank issued credit or debit card. Keep your PantherCard away from all magnetic fields that may damage the card. Do not punch holes, bend, scratch or in any way damage the card.
Immediately report the lost or stolen card in person at the PantherCard Office or contact us at 404-413-9508 during hours of operation. After hours, report the lost or stolen card to the Georgia State University Police at 404-413-2100. Return to any of the PantherCard Offices the following business day to receive a new card. The owner of the card is responsible for all usage of the card prior to proper notification to the PantherCard office or to the Georgia State University Police. There is a fee of $10.00 for all replacement cards and you are required to take a new photo. Replaced PantherCards cannot be reactivated if found. Your PantherCard is treated like a lost or stolen credit/debit card.
Georgia State University PantherCard Photo Requirements:
- The photo must be current, in color, of you only, with no extreme facial expressions.
- Social media profile or glamour photos should NOT be submitted.
- The photo must be taken in front of a solid white, off-white or cream background (no shadows, patterns, textured or scenic backgrounds)
- The photo must be taken centered on full-face view, directly facing the camera, no head tilts, with the image from the base of the neck/top of shoulders, upward to top of head within the photo borders.
- You are not permitted to wear a hat or head covering unless worn daily for a religious purpose or medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required). If submitting a photo including a hat or head covering worn for religious or medical reasons, the hat or head covering must not obscure the hair or hairline and the hat or head covering must not cast any shadows over your face.
- Any jewelry worn must not obscure the face in any way.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device, or similar articles, they may be worn for your photo (make sure to avoid glare if wearing prescription glasses).
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required).
- Submitting obscene or otherwise inappropriate photos may subject the sender to disciplinary actions.
- In order to pick up your new PantherCard, you will be required to show a valid government issued photo identification verifying your identity and that it matches the person depicted in the photo you submitted.
The University reserves the right to make final determination regarding acceptance or rejection of any PantherCard photo.